Sherry I feel like we had a very similar experience to you. It was frustrating and I had a hard time but in the end I know I made a difference. The amazing thing was, like you noticed as well, was the impact your students had on you. I went from dreading periods, enjoying the days when certain students we absent, and hoping that those same students we on the suspended list. But by the end of the year I was sad when they were not in class and I was sad to see them go.
oo are we supposed to comment on these? i like your story, i hardly recognized your voice though i need to strain to realize it's you. well when you smile ,i can tell. v. heartfelt.
Sherry I feel like we had a very similar experience to you. It was frustrating and I had a hard time but in the end I know I made a difference. The amazing thing was, like you noticed as well, was the impact your students had on you. I went from dreading periods, enjoying the days when certain students we absent, and hoping that those same students we on the suspended list. But by the end of the year I was sad when they were not in class and I was sad to see them go.
ReplyDeleteoo are we supposed to comment on these? i like your story, i hardly recognized your voice though i need to strain to realize it's you. well when you smile ,i can tell. v. heartfelt.
ReplyDeleteGood story idea. Your voice comes through very nicely and the ideas are powerful, bringing up some good images.
ReplyDelete